Cambridge IGCSE Chinese as a Second Language Coursebook
Xixia Wang, Ivy Liu So Ling, Martin Mak
With topics ranging from festivals to travel and technology, each unit is based around one authentic Mandarin Chinese text and audio recording. This m..
With topics ranging from festivals to travel and technology, each unit is based around one authentic Mandarin Chinese text and audio recording. This mix of content helps students engage with the subject and develop their ability to handle real language materials. Audio recordings (available online) help students practise the new listening aspect of the course, while ‘Culture boxes’ provide interesting insights into Chinese culture. Students will work collaboratively with others – sometimes in pairs and other times in groups – to develop language skills through communication. Answers to the coursebook questions are in the digital teacher’s resource.
- A range of reading comprehension texts including emails, blogs and newspaper articles help students create different types of written pieces.
- Learning objectives and warm-up exercises at the beginning of each unit prepare students for the work ahead.
- 'Culture boxes' provide interesting insights into Chinese cultures and provide talking points for students to practise language in the classroom.
- Each unit includes a variety of activities that help develop listening, reading, writing and speaking skills in a practical, communicative way.
目录 Content Page
- 学校和教育 School and Education
- 未来教育与计划 Future Career Plans
- 友情 Friendship
- 同伴压力 Peer Pressure
- 代沟 Generation Gap
- 青年生活 Youth Life
- 健康饮食 Healthy Eating
- 运动与健身 Sports and Exercise
- 电影与媒体 Film and the Media
- 爱好 Hobbies
- 互联网 Communication and Technology
- 城乡生活 Country and City Lifestyles
- 科技与教育 Scientific Advancement
- 旅游 Travel
- 环境污染 Polllution and Global Warming
- 回收资源与可再生能源 Recycling
- 节日和庆典 Festivates
- 风俗与饮食文化 Custom and Culinary Diversity